Eighteen people were killed on Sunday when a suicide bomber blew himself up at a funeral ceremony in the capital of eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan.
Another 13 people were injured, all civilians, in the suicide blast that struck the funeral ceremony for a former district chief of the Haskma Mena district, Wali Gul,in Jalalabad, the provincial capital.
Nangarhar Governor’s spokesman Attaullah Khogyani told Pajhwok Afghan News the suicide bombing took place south of Jalalabad City at the Muqam Khan cemetery.
He added a large number of people were attending the Nimaz Janaza of Gul Wali, former district chief of Haska Mena, when the blast happened.
Earlier, Public Health Director Najibullah Kamawal said 18 bodies and 14 injured had been evacuated to hospitals. The injured were in stable condition, he added.